As a senior lawyer of Clarke, Dolph, Rapaport, Hull,
Brunick & Garriott, P.L.C., Mr. Dolph provides legal services
in Business Law, Estate Planning, and Taxation. During his
40 years in practice, Mr. Dolph has represented both large
and small companies, foundations, non-profits, individuals
and financial institutions. He advises clients in a variety
of business transactions and in the planning and administration
of estates, foundations and trusts. He represents fiduciaries
in DOL investigations, ERISA audits and tax controversies.
His approach as an experienced counselor is to listen and
concentrate on the client’s interest in achieving
a successful outcome with cost-efficient, practical advice.
Mr. Dolph holds the highest peer reviewed rating AV®
Preeminent from Martindale-Hubbell® and has been included
three years in a row in The Best Lawyers in America®
in the Trusts and Estates practice area.
• Admitted to bar, 1973, Virginia.
• Admitted to United States Tax Court, United States
Court Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the United States
District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
• Virginia Military Institute (B.A., 1970)
• The T.C.Williams School of Law, University of Richmond
• Marshall-Wythe School of Law of the College of William
and Mary (Master of Law and Taxation, 1977)
• AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell’s
highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards
• The Best lawyers in America®, listed in the
field of Trusts and Estates, 2011 to present
• Virginia Super Lawyers, listed in the Estate Planning
& Probate category, 2008-2012
• Legal Elite®, Virginia Business magazine, listed
in the Taxes/Estates/Trusts section 2003 and 2012.
• Accredited Estate Planner, awarded designation by
the National Association of Estate Planners and Councils
• Virginia State Bar, Virginia and American Bar Associations,
Member; Sections on Business Law, Taxation and Trusts and
• Norfolk and Portsmouth Bar Association
• Hampton Roads Tax Forum
• Hampton Roads Estate Planning Council
• Old Point Trust & Financial Services, N.A.,
• Hampton Roads Community Foundation, Professional
• Estate Planning and
• Business Law
• Tax Law
Cyrus A. Dolph, IV
- Ext. 249